Saturday I finally found time to drill my aluminum pot.

The drilling starts..

The drilling starts..

The hole is created..

The hole is created..

And on with the tap..

And on with the tap..

Only problem is, no matter how much Teflon tape I use, I can’t get the weldless fitting to be leak free. Either I’m doing something wrong or I need to ditch these tapered fittings.

All set up with nothing to mash..

All set up with nothing to mash..

The leaky tap meant I couldn’t put the new mashing setup to use to brew Axis of Evil IPA. Probably a good thing actually, because after moving the mashing gear out of the bathroom with the test water still in it and leaving it in the hall, I found a small pool of water on the floor – the tapered fittings here were leaking too.

I’ll be having one more attempt to get this all leak free tonight, otherwise I’ll need to find somewhere to get a non-tapered weldless kit and non-tapered ball valves and hose barbs. If I do get it all working, Sunday 9th will be my brew day. If I don’t – who knows. I can hardly brew with a holy kettle.

Advertisements